I’m home. Oh boy, I am home. And I am terrified. A 48hr therapeutic pass is not how I wanted to spend the rest of the week but it’s also not something I wasn’t expecting. Yeah I’m struggling. But struggle is just another word for GROWTH. So I guess you could say that’s exactly what I am doing; growing. It only fits that the card I chose earlier this morning in Horticulture was “growth” and what I wrote while I had felt drawn to this card, speak for themselves. That’s the cool thing about vibes and stuff, they really speak to you when you need them to.
I guess it’s the same thing about God, eh? He’s there when you want him, and there when you might not but He doesn’t push His wisdom upon you. He lets you wander without worry or fear but He also lets you make choices that may make life harder. It’s all a learning process. Honestly I’m not processing as I write this post; something a staff member told me to do while I journaled during these next 48hrs.
While I recount today based on when I awoke to now @ 10:30pm, here are some victories I’d like to share and remember:
- got out of bed and dressed before breakfast
- wasn’t late for groups
- took team meeting well and was mature about decision
- called mom and asserted my needs about needing a ride home
- figured out 2 days of meals & most of my pass plan for 48hrs
- owned up to mistakes and told the rest of the community
- fucking pissed ED off and ate dinner!!!!!
- talked to mom in car about recovery needs/goals
- went grocery shopping with mom
- had snack on time (+extra fruit) cause hunger!!!!
- felt full & planned on showering but instead did some work and didn’t isolate
- used “check the facts” skill effectively
- refrained from body checking in mirror when i went to shower
- did not body check after shower or follow urges to find scale & weigh myself
- did my laundry
- took nighttime meds!!!!
Yes the car ride home was over 2 hours long and it pushed some things back but I still managed cause sometimes that’s what happens and you just gotta roll with the punches!! So yeah, ya gurl is back.
FUcking 4 hours home and the motivation is already building. Also did something cool and reached out to my youth leader, J, about coming by to talk/visit this weekend since I won’t have a pass once I am back!!!!
Also getting my hur did tomorrow morning #recoverygoals